Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Week Eight: Yo Yo wazzzup! (haha so not missionary language)


Hey mama! :) I love you so much it is insane. Haha I just read your email and I am laughing out loud. Literally, I am loling. and you know I hate the term lol. And you know how it is when I laugh. It is not quiet. The people here in Newark library probably think I am a crazy woman but I don't care and maybe I am a little! I get it from you! :P
 
Since Thursday I have been SO busy! What's new? haha! Anyways, on Saturday after I worked at the Smith Farm in the morning I got to go do service! It was fun! We went to a member's home, Sheryl Deniston, to help her plant her garden. Well we didn't quite get to the planting part... but at church she said she got it all in and it is beautiful! We went and pulled weeds, and picked rock, and spread out top soil, and then we helped her put up a fence around it so her dogs would go in there to dig. I loved being around her dogs. It made me miss Duke and Dazy. And Brigette too of course. The only thing is that my allergies were going crazy! You should send me some Alavert or somethin'. 
 
Haha oh my gosh this is a good story for the week. Well, we have this cute little autistic boy in our ward and the bishop got up to announce the intermediate hymn after the first speaker. So the bishop goes, "We will now sing, Be Still My Soul." and sits down. This little kid goes, "ONE, TWO, THREE, HIT IT!!!!!" haha then the organ kicks in with Be Still My Soul.  Haha I couldn't even sing I was just trying not to laugh. It was so funny. After church Sister Barrus and I had a shift at the Hill Cumorah Visitors' Center. We had 303 vistors in four hours!! It was nuts. We had three bus fulls of youth come up from D.C. and it was crazy! Not to mention the flood of members that came after church got out. It was fun though. I got a lot of chances to teach and bear testimony so it was a good day. That night we went into Rochester for a fireside with Alex Boye! He is one of the black guys from Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  He told us that he and the two other guys joke that they are licorices in a sea of marshmellows! hahaha he was HILARIOUS. But he also has a crazy amazing voice and testimony. He shared with us his conversion story and sang four songs for us. It was such an amazing experience. Some people clapped and stood up after he sang and said "hallelujah!" I felt like I was in the deep South for a minute. But it was good! That means we had a lot of investigators and non-members there!
 
How was Dad's birthday!? Big 5-0 huh?! Haha he isn't just over the hill now.... he is over the mountain! I hope he had a great birthday. Did he get my card. It's a good one :)
 
Yesterday we worked at the BOMPS (Book of Mormon Publication Site). It was a good day with an even flow of small groups. I took a couple through that were mission president and wife in Cameroon! We talked about Christiaan and the places he has served/ and is serving in now! It was fun to hear their experiences and how they are similar to his. I ended up talking with them for an hour after their tour was over! Then they asked me for your phone number mom! I am glad they called you. It was so sweet of them to offer. Did they get a hold of you or just leave a message? President and Sister Norby were their names and they were nice, down to earth people. I was so happy to take them on a tour, and the Spirit was so strong the whole time. I love the Spirit! It helps me so much out here. Seriously, it leads me and guides me and prompts me what to say. Without it, I could not do this work and I could not give good tours. Sometimes I think we forget that the Gift of the Holy Ghost really is a gift! We need to always rely on that gift we have because that is how God speaks to us to know what to do.
 
This week I was reading in 1 Nephi 14. It talks about how there is the Church of the Lamb and the church of the devil. It is black and white, no gray areas. But sometimes I think we have gray inside of us. That we make mistakes and have our priorities in the wrong place and that makes us gray. We need to get rid of the black so that our white can be pure. We all need to repent everyday. As we do this, our white can be more pure, and the chains of the devil around our ankles can be loosed and we won't be pulled backwards anymore. When we aren't pulled backwards by Satan, we can follow the Savior more closely and be right on His heels.  As we follow more closely behind Him, He will move the "stumbling blocks" out of the way and make the road easier to travel. In verse 14 it talks about the power descending upon us as saints of the Church of the Lamb and that we are "armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory".  We can't be lagging behind the Savior if we want to be armed with righteousness. We have to be right on His heels and a part of His army. Who's on the Lord's side who? That is something that I have been learning and applying in my life. Read that chapter it is a good one. Maybe do it for family home evening with Nana :)
 
I love you so so so so much! I pray for you daily.
XOXOX,
Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment