Friday, June 14, 2013

Rain rain rain


I have some really really REALLY happy news!  Okay so the Hargarther Family that I met when I served in Newark got sealed together as a family in the Palmyra Temple last Saturday!  I was not able to make it to the sealing of Brother and Sister Hargarther a few weeks ago so they told me I better be at the one where they were bringing their kids to be sealed to them.  So I did! I was able to work it out in our busy schedule to go!  I was so happy to be there. When the kids walked into the temple little Nick their son runs up to me and hugs me and says, "Sister Adam I missed you so much!  Guess what? I am five years old now!" Oh my gosh that just melted my heart.  Seeing their beautiful family all dressed in white to be sealed together was more wonderful than words can express.  They went through so much when I was with them in Newark... but because they endured and relied on the Lord they made it to the temple and are now a forever family :)
We've been getting so many bus tours at the historic sites it is insane!  Yesterday we had six buses at once here at the Whitmer Farm.  It will just get crazier and crazier until Pageant gets here and then after Pageant we will start to slow down again.  Cast training practice is going well so far.  It is kind of crazy because we are not authorized to have personal computers as missionaries.. but the Pageant presidency gives us one to take home so we can practice our slide shows and get them down for our trainings with the cast.  When we brought ours home our roommates came in and saw us with a computer in the house and were so confused haha.  Missionary life is so weird sometimes.  I think I am finally realizing just how different it will be when I am not a missionary... yikes.
It has been raining and raining all week long.  The cheetah print rain boots you sent me are getting a lot of attention.  Almost every tour I take at the sites comments on them!  But I love them a lot because they keep my feet dry. 
We had zone conference this week and of course that was good.  It was President and Sister Christianson's last zone conference and they cried so of course I cried right along with them.. I will miss them so much.  I swear my mission has turned me into a bawl baby... I GOT TO SEE LINDSAY!  She was my first convert baptism.  She is doing really well and we spent about an hour together at the Hill Cumorah talking and catching up.  She is home from college for the summer and she told me she would squirt the anti-mormon people at the Pageant (who yell in their megaphones false information about our church) with a super-soaker and then come sit with me to enjoy the spirit of the show.  Atta girl Linds.
Here is a scripture that I read that helped me this week.  It is 1 Nephi 21: 14-16.  This is the prophet Nephi quoting the prophet Isaiah. "But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hathforsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not. For can aawoman forget her sucking child, that sheshould not have bcompassion on the son ofher womb? Yea, they may cforgetyet will Inot forget thee, house of Israel. Behold, Ihave graven thee upon the apalms of myhands; thy walls are continually before me." 

We are never forgotten.  Sometimes we feel insignificant or that the Lord has too many other things to worry about and our struggles and our lives don't matter.  That is not true.. He is very aware of each and everyone of us.  He has graven us upon the palms of his hands.  So go to Him, trust Him, and follow Him. 
Love, Sister Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment