Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Leaves are Changing!! + PICTURES!!

Mom! the leaves change here and it is GORGEOUS! Seriously! I have never seen so much color. Some of the trees out here are literally a bright coral color- it is amazing. I am experiencing seasons! So cool. Thank you for yours and Dad's letters this week. It is nice to get real mail that you can hold and read whenever I want. Will you please give Uncle Chuck a hug for me... Dad told me he is going to church and reads Aunt Kate the lessons since she can't go because of her surgery. So hug him for me and tell him I love him and I want to go to the temple with him asap when I get home from my mission. I am glad everything at the Dance Barn is going great. I pray for you all. And of course B is doing awesome. It's B! I am not surprised. Keri sends me pictures of her baby bump too and it is so cute! I am going to be an Auntie Alex when I get home! SO FUN.

Well last P-day after I emailed you Sister Butters and I took the Newark South sisters, Sisters Graham and Hawkes, up to Lake Ontario to hike Chimney Bluffs. It was so much fun! There is this huge bluff that overlooks the lake. We hike a mile and a half down it and back and it is a beautiful view. I love going to Lake Ontario because it is so peaceful. It looks and sounds like the ocean and you know me... I love the ocean. I am lucky it is in my proselyting area.

Jina is doing awesome! She came to church again and she is keeping all her commitments. I know God is so happy with her for turning back to Him. Her baptismal date is the 28th of this month- Sister Butters and I want to try and move her date up because she is progressing so quickly. She shouldn't have to wait to be baptized and to see and feel the blessings that come when she is ready sooner than the 28th.

We had a few hours this week that we spent tracting. We knocked a lot of doors with nice people but they were "all set". That is the official term for western NY. Everyone says, "No we're all set!" UGHHH... Sometimes I just want to say back, "No you're not." No one is ever "all set", EVERYONE can come closer to Christ, and especially when they don't have the Restored Gospel in their life. Oh well, we aren't here to push, just invite.

We had interviews with President Christianson this past week too! It was great. I love interviews with President. It is so crazy how he knows exactly what to ask us, exactly what we need to hear, and exactly what we worry about or what we feel as missionaries. He works so closely with the Spirit. I hope one day I can be that inspired- still working for that and I know that will be a life-long endeavor but hey, if I can make a difference for people that exactly through the Spirit that would be pretty sweet.

We went back this week to visit Kathy, the sweet lady in Demay Living Center who hoards. She was eating her lunch so we just sat with her as she ate and read some scriptures with her. While we were with Kathy, my friend Richard rolled up in his wheelchair! I took Richard and his daughter and granddaughter (all friends of another faith) on tour at the Book of Mormon Publication Site before the Pageant. His daughter lives in New York City and brought him to get him out of the living center for a while. As I was taking them on tour she told me that Richard lived in Demay and I told her, "I live down the street from Demay!" I told his daughter I would go visit him once in a while and she just started to cry she was so grateful. But I was so happy to do it! Richard can barely talk and while on our tour he would open his mouth but nothing would come out. I could tell he was getting frustrated with himself. As they left, I told Richard I would come see him at Demay Living Center and as his daughter rolled him away he finally got out the words, "One hundred A". 100A is his room in Demay. Well, when Sister Butters arrived we tried to go see Richard when we were there to visit Kathy and Joan (Did I tell you Joan got out of Demay?! She is SO MUCH BETTER. Comes to church every week with her "war paint" on and lives back at home now.) But Richard lives in an area that keeps them locked up tighter because they are flight risk. So we couldn't go in and see him. So the fact that it is almost three months later and he rolls up to me in his wheelchair and recognizes me is a complete miracle! I was so happy to see him! Heavenly Father is so cool. So we talked with Richard and Kathy and shared some scriptures with them. Then Richard went over and turned on some big band music and blasted it and started bouncing around in his wheelchair. So funny! I wanted to dance SO BAD. I swear I was born in the wrong era. Why do I love retro things!? Anyway, I heard "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" and I wanted to tap dance.

I was able to go to the Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday night too! It was so good. The new Relief Society General Presidency are so inspired. I was so happy I went to that. All the speakers said something that I really needed to hear. I can't believe I never went to that when I was at home. I never want to miss a RS Broadcast ever. President Eyring's talk was awesome. I am excited to hear from our prophet and the apostles this weekend. Sister Butters and I went to the temple today to prepare for it. We will get to go to the Saturday sessions but not Sunday's- we will be working at the Smith Farm. But that is okay! What missionary gets to work at the Smith Farm?! Oh yeah.. I do! Am I not the luckiest sister missionary on the planet!? I am so privileged to be here. I can't believe it was just this time last year I got the prompting to come on a mission. Why I fought that prompting for so long I do not know. But Heavenly Father got me here and now I am happier than ever and working hard to bring His children back to Him.

I love you bunches!
Sister Alexandra Adams

PS - here are some pictures Sister Adams sent us.

Hope you enjoy! all these taken near Lake Ontario my favorite place!



No comments:

Post a Comment