Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Email with a Latin Flare

Mi Familia! Que pasa?!
Sometimes I really do wish I was an “hermana” but I was called as a “sister” so I guess that’s okay. So it hasn’t been too long since I last emailed you so this one may be a little shorter. Mom, haha I am glad you liked the portion of my email last week dedicated to food. You would. I love you. And I am out of El Pato. I need hot sauce! No spicy food in NY.
Good news! Jina and her sweet daughter Janaia came to church on Sunday! It was so fun! She is progressing so well. Each and every time we see her or teach her she just glows more and more. Ah! Missionary work just gets me giddy. I get so happy! Today we went to Jina's to teach her about the commandments. We walked up to her door and she put a sign on it that says, "NO smoking in my house! Absolutely no exceptions!" Can I just say how awesome that was?! It was AWESOME.
Sister Butters and I gave talks in church this week too. I was nervous at first, but the Spirit helped me and everyone in my ward said I did great. (thank goodness). Jina is one of the most honest people, so when she said I did well, I knew she meant it. I ended up sharing some lyrics from one of my new favorite songs in the middle of my talk. Sister Hawkes and Sister Graham (the sister missionary Sister Graham), were smiling at me so big from the congregation when I did it because they are obsessed with this song. Anyway, I want to share these lyrics with you. (You know how music touches me more than anything) “What would happen if we took off our masks? Peeled back the labels, tore down the walls we have? What would change if we just saw each other as, children of Our Father?” So if you haven’t guessed, by talk was on charity and love and not judging other people. I got fancy and everything and titled it “Looking at Others through a Lens of Charity.” I will copy my talk and mail it to you if you want. Lemme know.
Can you send me my warm clothes? It is starting to get cold. It rained a few days ago and all the sudden it is like someone flipped a switch and it is chilly. So warm things would be appreciated.
We got to go to the Grahams for dinner on Sunday night. It was delish as always. I love Sister Graham. I think you would be good friends with her, Mom. She is hilarious. We are still trying to teach Brother Graham…not giving up on him. He is awesome though. He gave us tomatoes, and basil, and cabbage, and onions, and green bell peppers, and jalapeños, and garlic from his garden! YUM! Can you say SALSA!!? I am feelin’ it! Can you tell I miss Mexican food? I am such and Arizonan.
We went to the Demay Living Center to go visit this lady in our ward. She called needing help to pack up stuff because this assisted living place said she needed to clear out her room. Well when we got there we realized why. She is a hoarder. So much dusty crap she doesn’t even look at because she is stuck in bed. It was so sad though because she was having such a hard time getting rid of it. I just wanted to chuck everything. Sister Butters and the Fowlers ended up throwing a lot out while I distracted her. I think that was for the best. The living center was getting pretty upset, and when I went through it, I understood why. Her claustrophobia will get better now though! Less stuff, more room!
I have had some really cool tours lately at the sites too! Working at the sites is such an honor. The leaves are beginning to change! I talked to Bob yesterday and he said full color season will be mid October. SO EXCITED. Don’t worry I will take lots of pictures. Well I love you all so much! I know I say it each week; but hey, it’s like how I say the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored in its fullness every day at the sites- I say it so much because it is TRUE! Have a good week. Keep it real!
Love, Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment