Thursday, September 6, 2012

Is it really September?! Time is flying!


Hi Family!!! Guess what I just got?! Spicy beans and my favorite protien shakes! I am so excited! I can’t get these things in NY so I flipped when I opened the package.  Wow what a miracle with the Ray family. I will keep that sweet little boy in my prayers for sure.  I really feel like our family members on the other side are around us more than we think: helping us, comforting us, protecting us… guardian angels for sure.  SO MANY TIMES I will look at the clock in the morning or at night and it is 7:11. Lance’s day and I just smile. It makes me remember him and that we are doing the same work. I am glad to hear everything back home is going well.

This week was a great one for me! The sites were busy busy busy with Labor Day weekend. It was so exhausting but so fun! I feel so grateful I get so many opportunities to teach and share my testimony.   Elder Fuller, one of our senior elders, gave Sister Butters and I a new name this week.  He now calls us, “Butters &Cream and the Dancing Queen.” Haha it is awesome.  I guess we always have to be companions so he can continue to call us that.

We had an awesome full area working day this week too.  Sister Butters and I drove up to Sodus to contact some referrals, visit ward members, and do some tracting!  We even have a friend Beth who went from hating the Mormons, to hating just the Mormon missionaries, to actually talking to us, and now we are friends! She has beehives and sells honey at the farmers market in Sodus.  Well something else she does is she takes the beeswax and makes it into lip balm with essential oils!!! It is LEGIT. So we went to go find the farmers market on main street Sodus and guess where it was…. The Methodist Church parking lot. Hahah YEAH. But we really felt prompted to go see Beth. So we just walked up and got tons of funny looks in the process.  Life with a black tag is so interesting.  We talked with her and tried her chapstick.  We started to pull out a few bucks to buy some and she gave it to us for free!!! She is so sweet.   We love Beth and maybe one day she will let us teach her.  Such a great woman.

We finally got back and taught our investigator Jina.  She has been cancelling on us a lot lately.  We got to her house and Jinaia her daughter was watching “Ice Age”- love that movie.  But we sat down and taught her anyways.  The Spirit was SO STRONG even with the background noise.  We taught her the Restoration and it was so cool to see things clicking in her head.  It was amazing to witness how that lesson answers so many questions of the soul.   She opened up at the end and said she feels she is searching for something and wants to learn more from us.  I just bore my testimony and told her that this is what she is searching for… the message of the Restored Gospel.  She agreed to read the Book of Mormon and to pray to know the truth of it and of the prophet Joseph Smith.  I think that is the beauty of the message of the Restored Gospel. “Just read and pray to know for yourself.” Just go straight to God. He loves us so much that there is no way He is going to send us here in the dark.  He wants us to know the truth and have light, and we can find it if we just ask Him.

I am so privileged to be serving a mission right now. I know I probably say that a lot… but it is so true! I feel that the Lord literally has me in His hands and is shaping me into who I am supposed to be.  He is shaping me into someone that I didn’t see in myself before.  I am trying so hard to serve Him, and yet He continues to give me more blessings than I can count.  I love Him. He is my Savior and Redeemer and my best friend.  Always rely on Him. That is where true joy comes from in this life.  By loving Him, and relying on Him. And if we build our foundation on Christ, if we center our lives on Him, everything will work out.  “…remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.”  Isn’t the Book of Mormon AWESOME?!?  Oh my gosh I love this book with all my heart and soul.  It is so true.

I love you all,
Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment