Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Happy Happy Happy

Hey Mama! Thank you for the package :) I got it yesterday and I am wearing a cute cardigan that I love so much! Guess what Sister Butters and I did this morning?...... P90X! We are going to be fit! When we finished and were making breakfast we were feelin' it that's for sure. I am so glad you sent that to me. And I got to vote! Thank you for sending me my ballot! That is the first time I have voted for the president of the United States. Cool. Oh you told me that I would need to order a down coat instead of the one I bought. Well the coat I bought is down... it is huge like Nana's puffy coat but thicker and longer. And it has fur around the hood. I am going to look like a black marshmallow Eskimo but I don't care. Better than turning into an ice cube. Thank you for the gloves! They are going to work great. I had a feeling to hold back on buying gloves- little did I know you already had some for me. Mother daughter vibes? yes :) Keri and Craig are having a baby girl! I am so excited I can't even handle it. She sent me an ultrasound of little baby Audrey Ford and it was so cute! Little profile!

This past week has been a good one. We have a new elder in our district who just arrived from the MTC. His name is Elder Houskeeper. And guess who he got to meet on his first day in the field? Kathy. She is the hoarder I've been telling you about and let me tell ya, she is a hoot. Elders Erekson and Houskeeper came with Sister Butters and I to help her get rid of more of her things. Then that way the elders could take it and put it right in their truck and into a storage unit so she wouldn't look through the boxes and decide to keep anything. She is hilarious though. She likes me to sing scriptures to her. So she will look through my scriptures and pick one that I have marked, then pick a hymn for a tune and make me sing the scripture to that tune. Sometimes she catches me tap dancing and I don't even realize I am doing it. You know how I always have busy feet... it makes her laugh. Then I clap my hands and say "vaudeville!" and she laughs ever harder. (Thank you Uncle Timmy) We have fun seeing Kathy but since her room is all cleaned out now, YES we finished it thank goodness, we don't need to go over there as much.

Things with Jimmy are good now. At first he would not let Sister Butters and I teach him! It was so frustrating. He wouldn't even give us a chance to talk and answer his questions. He would just go from verse to verse in the Bible of places that the doctrine doesn't match up. Seriously, it was like Bible chase with Jimmy time. Plus he picks apart the sentence structure and the words and makes them into something that is not true and does not matter. At first I was kind of intimidated that he knew the Bible so well, but then I realized that the simple doctrine from the missionary lessons answer all those deep doctrine questions you can't find the answer to in the Bible. And if Jimmy was not going to listen to us then there was really nothing we could do for him. As a missionary, my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel through, faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Not to go on Bible chases. Sister Butters and I were really upset about how our first two lessons with him turned out, but then we decided to just sit and explain our purpose to him. Finally he agreed to listening to us and letting us teach him these things he doesn't know because of the "plain and precious things" that were lost out of the Bible. (1Nephi 20-29) And what do you know... he understood and everything made sense to him! We still have a lot of questions to answer for him but that will come as we teach him more. I was so relieved that it worked out.

We have been having many church historians, BYU professors, and general authorities (seventies) coming into the historic sites lately. It is crazy because they are all just wearing normal clothes more often than not and we have no idea who they are. Then at the end of the tour we find out and are all shocked. They walk out the door and leave and all of our mouths drop haha. But it is fun! I would rather know after than before so I can just do my thing with the Spirit and not get nervous.

Here's a miracle for you: Sister Butters and I were tracting one evening and it was really cloudy and looked like rain. We were pretty far from our car and I thought, "we are for sure going to have to run back to our car to get umbrellas." We didn't have dinner until 7 pm so we had a few hours to tract. And not one drop of rain fell until 6:55 pm. Thanks Heavenly Father!

I tried to send Mace a letter, Dad and Jean gave me his address but it got sent back to me-so I don't know how to get it to him... any suggestions? I love my family! Especially you mom and dad. Thank you for raising me the way you did. I wouldn't be so happy if it wasn't for you raising me in the gospel. I really am so happy! All the time it is ridiculous! I know this joy comes from the living the gospel and sharing it. It is wonderful.

Love you bunches,
Sister Alexandra Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment