Monday, August 26, 2013

How did I get so lucky to be a missionary in the cradle of the restoration

Family! Last p-day we went to Niagara Falls after I emailed you and it was so fun! If I have time I will attach some pictures for you to see.  It was definitely a different perspective from the Canadian side but it is so beautiful.  I can’t believe I am serving so close to it.  It was a great day to be out walking around and enjoying the beautiful scenery… I even made some improvements on my farmers tan :)

The Boyds are a family in the ward that we are really close too and they are going through a lot right now.  They invited us over and we had a dinner and FHE with them.  It was so fun to just get to know them better and chat and play Apples to Apples.  By the end of the night they were laughing and smiling and having a good time.  It was especially good to see Sister Boyd smile.  She has been struggling.  I feel so lucky that I got to meet them and be their friend. Brother Boyd ended up winning the game even though he is blind and almost deaf haha.  He just has a great sense of humor and everyone knows that is what it takes to win Apples to Apples.

Dominique is progressing so much it is a miracle.  We have had many discussions with her this past week and she is beginning to see God more like her Heavenly Father.  She has been struggling to find a job and now she is praying to know which job to choose becauseso many people want her to work for them.  Miracles happen! And Dominique is seeing that she does have a Father in Heaven who loves her and knows what she needs.  I consider Dominique one of my dear friends.  We have just clicked with her.

We pulled some more weeds this week at the Ritter’s and finished Brother Sentmen’s giant flower bed.  He even let us use the pitch fork to pick up all of the weeds we pulled.  I felt like a true sun devil. Go ASU.  We filled up three giant trash bags full of weeds.  Brother Sentmen had on a big straw hat as he chatted with us outside when we were pulling weeds.  So we went in his garage and found 3 smaller hats and put them on.  Sister Sentmen came outside and about died laughing watching us sisters pull weeds with the straw hats on and Brother Sentmen chattin’ our ears off sitting on his chair in his big straw hat. 

Saturday we were supposed to go to the temple, but the members who we got a ride with got a flat tire when we were about a third of the way to Palmyra… it was a bummer because I don’t know when I will be able to go back.  Probably not until I get back to the Mesa temple.  That is okay though.  Everything happens for a reason.  When we got back to Grand Island we went to the farmers market and ended up talking with tons of people about the gospel and have some great potential investigators. 

2 weeks left Mom and Dad and I get to see you!  It doesn’t even seem real.  Mom, I got your letter about me being worried I won’t be happy when you come to get me.  DON’T WORRY.  I will be sad to leave NY but I will be so happy to be with you.  I keep thinking back on all of the crazy, amazing, profound miracles that have happened to me on my mission.  I can’t believe that I got to teach people the truth every single day.  It is an honor to testify of Joseph Smith and the Restoration, the Plan of Salvation, and most of all to testify of Jesus Christ- His life, His atonement, and His perfect love for us.  I feel soprivileged that I have been able to do this.  I know it is all true.  I have a testimony of it all and it is rooted so deeply that no storm could blow me over or make me fall.  This is the work of God and the fact that He has allowed someone like me to do it has been something that I can’t even put into words.  It means the world to me. 

I love you!  I hope this first week of classes at the Dance Barn go well.  Tell my girls I love them and will see them soon.

Love, Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment