Monday, August 19, 2013

Pizza and Wings

What’s up family!  I can’t believe we are going into week four of this transfer.  It is so weird when people ask me how long I will be here.  I almost don’t want to answer that question… then I say “a few weeks” and they have a look of shock on their face because I just got here.   The other day this sixteen year old recent convert in our ward, Ashley, came up to talk to me and then said, “Sister Adams, you look tired.”  Ouuuuchhh… well part of it is because I sleep on an air mattress and the other reason is that I have been constantly working in the spirit which wears on your physical energy.  But it definitely is the best kind of tired to be.  Having your head hit the pillow with your heart full of love and gratitude for God and the people around you.

So New York is famous for pizza and wings but one day this week we were fed pizza and wings for a lunch appointment with Brother Ritter and his mom.   And then we did service pulling weeds for a member in our ward that just had surgery and then what did we get for dinner after service?  Pizza and wings.  Don’t get me wrong I was very grateful for the food and it was good- but I was definitely in a grease coma at the end of the day. 
We had exchanges this week with the Amherst sisters.  Sister Szuch is serving there with Sister Klepinger so Sister Hovey went to Amherst and Sister Huntington and I got Sister Szuch!   It was fun being with her again.  We lived at the Whitmer Farm as roomies for almost 8 months.  So we are really tight.  I call her Szuchy pants… don’t ask me why.  I think it is because she has zebra print pajama pants and when she wears them she is a little crazier than normal :) She calls me up’n’ Adams.

Must say that I am getting really good at pulling weeds.   We do a lot of service in gardens and flower beds.   It is nice to be outside though and I have been working really hard on my farmers tan and seeing success :)

We have been on Grand Island a lot this past week trying to visit some people who are inactive.   It has been a little rough.  Some people have been “home but hiding” and then we drive away and they are standing in the window.   Some of them are so nice and have invited us in but they feel they don’t need God right now and other things are more important.  It is hard when you have situations like that.  But because of all the people we have been trying to see we have run into a few that are interested in learning more.  So even though you have set backs, the Lord knows where you are and that you are trying and He will help you be at the right place at the right time.   Sometimes it just amazes me that the Lord is able to use someone like me to help bring His children back to Him.  It is a humbling experience.   It is amazing how when we try to follow the Savior, do His work, and develop His attributes that we come to know Him better.  I have never felt so close to God in my life and it makes me so happy.

I love you all very much and pray for you every day.  You all mean so much to me.  Xoxo
Sister Alexandra Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment