Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I am a big shot because I am one of God's kids!

HEY EVERYONE!!! Erika I am so sorry you are sickly... but I am SO HAPPY you will be home when I get home! WOOO!! Then we can get down to business and start school together in January. 

So my companions and I have a new best friend.  He is the patriarch of the Buffalo Stake, Patriarch Van Tassel.  He has been giving us really good restaurants that you HAVE to go and try here in the area so we are definitely foodie buddies with him.  Then we were invited to the family home evening that he hosts each Monday and we can bring investigators and less actives anytime we want he said.  So AWESOME! THEN, he offered to take us to the temple.  Well, Bill and Beverly Excell were going to do their family names and Beverly really wanted me to be baptized for her sister.  I didn't think I would be able to go and Beverly and I were so sad about it.  But then Patriarch Van Tassel just offered and was free that day! What a miracle!  So we went and did a session and then we did baptisms with Bill and Beverly!  Well I was expecting to see the Excells but when I walked into the baptistery and saw them AND the Breinholts AND Jim AND Brother Bailey my eyes just welled up with tears! Spending nine months with people you get really close, so I just could not control my emotions I was so happy to see them. I was ready to be baptized for Beverly's sister, Genevieve, and before Elder Breinholt started I looked back and Beverly and see was crying and I just felt that Genevieve was there and I started crying and the Spirit that was there was incredible. She has been learning the gospel on the other side and has accepted it.  I am so grateful that God gives everyone a chance to receive the fullness of the gospel and that we get to be involved with that process is such a blessing. 

It was Jesse's birthday this last Sunday and he is now a big ol' 15!!! We weren't able to go see him but we did call him and sing Happy Birthday.  And when three really excited missionaries sing "Happy Birthday" and shout random things in the middle of the phrases I guess it it really funny.  Jesse told us it was his favorite part about his birthday and he even recorded it on his phone haha. 

Service at the Sentmans this week was great! I got to use the sludge-hammer and huge tree trimmers and saws and stuff.  We got a lot done outside.  It was a really hot muggy day so Brother Sentman gave me some of his favorite chocolate milk that is made here at the local dairy.  It was like drinking and fudgesicle! 

The Strouds are a senior couple at the sites and they drove all the way up here on their p-day just to take me to lunch before I go home.  They are so nice! So now the Howells are trying to do the same this week- possibly tomorrow- and then the Poulsons are trying to get me for a breakfast sometime this week.  I didn't know everyone loved me so much! I feel like I have so many extra sets of grandparents. They are all so sweet.  I am so glad I got to serve with all of them for most of my mission. 

Yesterday we went to a car show festival thing down my Niagara River for Labor Day.  There were TONS of people there so we thought it would be great for contacting.  Well it was harder than we thought because most people wanted to talk cars and I know little to nothing about cars.  Just the random little things Dad has told me. So randomly I just started chatting with this old man in his lawn chair named Frank. He was an answer to the prayer in my heart that our time would be effective there. He taught us all about his '62 Ford T-bird and told us about his family and his life.  We heard it all!  He is a retired cop and so the cops are riding around on their horses and he says, "come on girls! let me introduce you to my friends!"  So we met all the cops and the people working the booths and people who brought cars to show.  It was crazy! Frank just toted us around and introduced us to everyone and we talked to so many people! He even bought us food there for dinner!  What a cool guy.  He lives far away but we are planning on keeping in contact with him so he can learn more about the gospel.  I know Heavenly Father put us right where we needed to be. 

This week at the Flecks, Brother Fleck told us he was a "big shot" and Sister Fleck said, "isn't that kind of prideful?!"  He was like, "Well I am! I am a big shot because I am one of God's kids!" Haha it has been our quote this week.  I get to work with the most hilarious, wonderful, special people.  I have loved being here in this area. 

Well, I am out of time. But I love you all very much and you will get one last email from meMonday! XOXOXO
Sister Alexandra Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment