Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rockin the nun skirt and Jesus tag + Pictures!

Hahahahaha okay I am dying laughing over Dad dressed up as St. Valentine and crying over the pictures you sent me. It is soo good to see everyone! even the horses and dogs! It looks like you all had a great week. This week someone asked us if we were nuns... I almost laughed because I was wearing cheetah print and I don't know of any nun that wears that- but, I guess you never know. I had a long black skirt on so I guess that could look like a nun, but I was just trying to keep my legs warm.

This week was Jim's baptism! He was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. Everything went great. Jim's daughter, Polly, even came to support him and she was very nice. I hope she felt the truthfulness of the words spoken and the ordinance that her dad received. She lives in Waterloo so we want to ask Jim if Sister Raines and Sister Szuch can go visit her and answer her questions and teach her a little more. All four of us sisters sang at his baptism too. It was fun. We sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". Everytime I sing that hymn I really feel like I am bearing my testimony. It was a sweet experience for me. Jim got teary-eyed during it, but he does everything in his power not to cry so he just smiled at us. On the other hand, Elder Breinholt was in the back row bawling his eyes out... haha we love the Brienholts. Elder Yearsley performed the baptism and the water wasn't quite high enough so he really had to dunk Jim down good. But hey! It was by immersion so it was true. I cannot even describe the way Jim glowed when he walked back into the room for the rest of the service. It was like night and day. Then the next day he walked into sacrament meeting for his confirmation just glowing! And he even bought a suit and tie to wear and looked so nice. Sister Earl and I were so proud. He was confirmed by Elder Yearsley and many priesthood holders in the ward participated. Seriously, everyone loves Jim. Then he came back and sat next to Sister Earl and I and partook of the sacrament for the very first time. I was thinking it would be a profound, special moment haha no not with Jim. The bread gets to him and he goes, "Just one right?" Then he pauses for a sec and goes, "Can I have yours too?" Hahaha I started to laugh as quietly as possible and then he goes, "Mmmm that's good!" Oh Jim... he is a crack up. Our banter back and forth with him is ridiculously funny. I wish I could video tape it sometimes. But he is baptized and on his way!! So so happy.

We did service at the Seneca Lake Girls' Camp this week helping clean and open cabins. I was glad to help the Breinholts because they do so much for us and it's fun to wear pants and get dirty sometimes. We had dinner at Bishop Egans house this week too and it was a blast. It always is though. Their kids are hilarious. It is fun to laugh and play with them and joke with Bishop and Sister Egan. They really make us feel right at home.

Valentines Day was great! But we had a "Galentines" day. First we went to teach Jim before his baptismal interview then we visited Mary, and had dinner with Julie, and then visited Pamela- all single women (well not Julie... or Jim haha). Dinner with Julie was awesome! She is a professor at the community college here and her husband is a professor in Idaho, so they have a long distance marriage. So we got to spend Valentines dinner with Julie. She took us to this Mexican restaurant where the food is actually made by Mexicans! IT WAS AWESOME. When Sister Earl and I walked in everyone stared at us for a long time. Some people were even mid-bite! Seriously I felt like I was in a movie! It was crazy! Eventually they stopped staring and we sat down to enjoy our meal. They stared again when we left though...hmmm I guess that is what happens when you are rockin' the nun skirt and Jesus tag.

When we saw Pamela we read the Book of Mormon with her. We read 1 Nephi 11 and we paused randomly on verse 29 because Pamela wanted to know how to apply the scriptures to her and bridge the stories to her life. So we began explaining that to her and showing her with verses we had previously read in the chapter. Then randomly she told us this story about when she was little... she was severely abused as a little girl and her mom locked her up in her room. She described an experience when she was locked up and she looked outside and could see three outlines of people but it was blurry. And she could hear them talking but she couldn't understand what they were saying. But the thing she remembered the most was the peace that came into her heart. That has really stuck with her and she believes that it was angels coming to comfort her. THEN we decided to read on and this is what verse 30 says, "And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the heavens open again, and I saw angels descending upon the children of men; and they did minister unto them." ....all of our mouths just dropped and we looked at each other and the feeling in the room was incredible. It was a neat experience. Pamela really is coming along. I hope she comes back to church soon. She told us last night when we dropped by her house that she "feels God's presence when we come to her house". I am so glad she feels that way because that means I am doing my job as a servant of the Lord.

Well that is it for this week! Sure love all of you so very much. XOXOXO
-Sister Alexandra Adams

Our district! (L to R) Elder Perkins, Sister Raines, Sister Szuch, Sister Earl, me, Elder Pascual



Sister Park and I had the same planner cover we made without knowing it. I knew we were meant to be :) ..my dancing buddy.


Jim's baptism! with Jim and the Yearsleys

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment