Thursday, December 6, 2012

This Week Was A Blur + PICTURES

Heyyyooo! So this past week has been absolutely crazy. I don't even know where to start. Well I guess I could tell you that the area next to Seneca Falls is called Waterloo and I thought President closed it, but it turns out that Sister Earl and I are flushing it. We are both new to the area and trying our best to get a handle on the people the sisters in the past were working with. So there is a lot of ground to cover and a lot of people to take care of right now, but being busy is great! I am glad I won't spend my winter tracting in the snow. Oh and my p-day is on Monday now... by the way. Sorry if I forgot to mention that.
This week I met Mary. We call her Miracle Mary because she just came up to the sisters in the Seneca Falls library and told them she needed to make an appointment with them so they could teach her and get baptized. She got baptized about a month ago and she is AWESOME. Her sense of humor is so awesome. I really click with her. We made soup a few days ago and took it to her house to eat lunch and teach her about temple work. We have a temple trip planned for this Thursday and she is really excited to go do baptisms and confirmations. Yesterday at church she pushed me to go up and bear my testimony so the ward could see who I am... literally she pushed me. Haha it was hilarious. The new elder in our ward, Elder Perkins, got pushed by another ward member too so we both went. Elder Perkins was like, "You know how on fast Sunday you feel that push to get up and bear your testimony? Well this week Sister Adams and I had a literal PUSH."
I go to church with the Fayette ward now and it is so cool! We have church where the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was organized! Every week! I am so lucky to be here.
I met a few other recent converts this week. Their names are Bill and Beverly and they are a hilarious. They are both in their 80s and they are so darling. Bill is blind and basically deaf if it wasn't for his hearing aids. He always jokes that he is going to drive his "bride" home.. he says, "Okay give me the keys and I'll drive you home." Then he busts up laughing and Beverly says, "The only keys you are getting are the keys to my heart!" Haha cute cute cute.
Sister Earl and I put up a little Christmas tree the other day and today we are decorating it! It is fake... but it will do. Our house is so quiet. Having no roommates is so weird, and we are out in the middle of NO WHERE. It is quiet and peaceful though so I like it. It snowed and actually stuck! It was fun. But then we had a few warm days like in the 50s so the snow melted... But I will take as many warm days as possible before the long, cold winter. Well like I said this week has been a blur.. a very good blur though I guess. Still getting situated, but still lost in the work! I love you all very much and hope all is well with you.
Love, Sister Adams
PS- you asked about Christmas presents and it is weird to think about myself and what I want... I really can't think of anything. Probably just some oranges from AZ and some money to get my hair done so I don't look like white trash. That's about it! Love ya!
 
Sister Thomas and Sister Adams - Sister Thomas is going home.
 
 
Kathy Dunn & Sister Adams
 

A really cool old cemetery in Newark


Sister Adams and Sister Butter's last cheers with their cupcake sippy cups.


FHE at Danae's house. Celestial District in Lyon's Ward.


 
Sister Butters and Sister Adams being separated.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment