Monday, December 17, 2012

Skype? Yes or No?

Family! I want to Skype with you guys for Christmas so let me know if that is a possibility. I can always just call too though so no big deal. I would just need to know the account to call when the time comes. I'll call or Skype around 11 or noon your time, but we'll see. Still one more p-day until Christmas. 

This week was wonderful! I am finally getting a hang of everything and everyone. Two areas to take care of has been quite the task, but Sister Earl and I are still alive, well, and working hard! It's great. We got Bill and Beverly going on their family history and they are LOVING it. Mary is having a hard go with things lately, but her testimony is solid.  She is such a great person and we are doing all we can to keep her knowledge of the gospel growing. 

Sister Earl and I are driving a new van! Haha total soccer mom style. But it will be nice when we finally get two more sisters to take over Waterloo. The doors open at the push of a button and everything. Super fly. 

We got to go to the temple this week with the Brienholts again! We did initiatory and it was so neat.  The little old ladies at the temple stayed late, even after the temple should have been closed, to finish all the names. Between Sister Brienholt, Sister Earl, and I we finished 30 names. It was amazing and a sweet experience to be a part of. I love being inside the temple. The peace and joy felt there is something that cannot be described.  I am thankful for the priesthood that connects us with heaven and the sacred ordinances that allow us to return to our Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ, as forever families. 

There is a man we are teaching in Waterloo. His name is Jim and he is older and lives by himself with his dog, Jay.  I love going and teaching him because he likes the fact that I am bold haha. The Yearsleys are the senior couple who live next door to us that take care of the Whitmer Farm and they came with us on a team-up.  The Spirit was so strong and Jim told us that he knows it is all true. He is just trying to find the courage to take action. He is SO CLOSE! Ah I can hardly wait for him to be baptized. It will happen. The Yearsleys were perfect to take with us because they just connect with Jim.  He and Elder Yearsley have the same sense of humor and really get along great. I really appreciate these senior couples that come out and help us to bring people to the truth. 

We have a new investigator! Lea is a 19 year old girl who is back home in Seneca Falls for Christmas from college.  Her boyfriend is the son of a really great couple in the ward, the Masinos. Elder Masino, her boyfriend, is in the MTC right now getting ready to go to Chili. She talked with him a little before he left about what he believes and why he was going on a mission.  She said it really touched her heart and she felt something special as he explained it to her. So he left on his mission and she started meeting with missionaries while she was away at college. Well, I guess the elders teaching her were not obedient at all and never had lessons planned for her and stood her up a few times. (Yeah... not okay)  So Elder Masino sent us Lea's information from the MTC with a sister who just arrived in our mission.  He said that the elders were just not cutting it and to have sisters teach her and she lives in our area! So we contacted her and hit it off right away. She is the sweetest girl ever and she really wants to be baptized. The only thing holding her back is her family is really upset about her wanting to join the Church. I feel so blessed to be able to teach Lea. She told us that Sister Earl and I were an answer to her prayers and that she really feels the Spirit with us, more than ever before. I am excited to get her going and progressing more quickly so she can be baptized. 

Two less-active members we are helping right now, Greg and Jinny, are brother and sister.  This week their sister died in a horrible car accident. Sister Earl and I went to the funeral today to support them. It has been a little hard talking with them about it, because it takes me back to when I lost my brother. It hurts my heart to see them going through the same thing. But I know that the Lord sent me here to this area, before this even happened because He knew I would be able to help Greg and Jinny with my experience and my testimony. Losing a sibling so suddenly is really hard... but because of the knowledge that I have, coping with it is possible.  Sister Earl and I are meeting with them often to keep them close to the gospel and to the church. We will get them through this because we have Christ on our side to help them along. 

I am so grateful for my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. He is everything to me, because without Him I would have no chance, no hope in returning to where I belong with each and every member of my family. I love this time of year that we get to celebrate His birth and His life. I love you all and I'm excited to talk to you on Christmas day. 

Love, Sister Adams 


No comments:

Post a Comment