Friday, April 19, 2013

The Wind Howls Out Here at the Whitmer


Okay I have never felt wind blow this hard in my life.  I think I have almost fallen over almost ten times today.  We live here in the middle of nowhere and it is all flat so the wind just whips through.  Definitely a day for a long skirt :)

Hey everyone! I am excited for the Dance Barn today because it is show time!  Sounds like you are all ready to go and ready to rock it.  I am excited to see it on video when I get home and to see how much all of my dancers have improved!  I'm sure you will knock my socks off. Then you can all have a good laugh at me trying to dance since I have lost pretty much everything. Good luck to everyone tonight!
We went back to the Seneca Lake Girls' Camp to finish opening up the cabins.  I am glad we did that because I don't know how Sister Breinholt was going to get up and down off the bunks cleaning them and washing the windows up top.  It was such a beautiful day to be at the camp working.  Sister Breinholt was so funny zipping us around from cabin to cabin on her golf cart.  She is a crazy driver!  She knows we get a kick out of it too so she drives even faster and crazier.  I love that woman.
Sister Tipton and I contacted so many less-active members this week!  It was such a miracle we went at the right time because they are so hard to get a hold of. Two of them agreed to meet with us and have the missionary lessons again to help them come back. (yay!) We also drove down to the very southern part of our mission to see if we could contact the less-actives that live in the middle of no where. We stopped at a house and this back woods guy came up to us with a chain saw and was like, "Hi mams, I'm Buckwheat! How can I help you?"  He was so nice to us but told us the woman we were looking for had moved.  We asked him if he would be interested in learning about the restored gospel and he told us he wasn't "churchy".  So yeah! I totally met a guy named Buckwheat. Awesome. I wanted to make sure I heard him right so as Sister Tipton and I drove away I asked her, "Did he say his name was Buckwheat?" Sister Tipton was like, "I think so.. Yeah he did!"  Haha we got a good chuckle.
We met with Sara and her boyfriend Scott this week.  We walked to the park with them and taught them outside.  It was such a beautiful day! I think it was good for them to get out of their smokey house too and get some fresh air. They both really loved the lesson and have been reading the Book of Mormon and praying together. So good!
We taught Jinny and Greg this past week. They still don't show up to church... I love them a lot I hope they come this Sunday. Jinny was so cute, after the lesson so goes, "I made BANANA CAKE!!!" haha she surprised us with banana cake for a little treat.
Overall, this week has gone good.  Sister Tipton and I have so much fun together.  She is a great missionary. I love everything about missionary life. I got the chance to take two men here on business on tour at the BOMPS and it was a cool experience.  One is a member of our faith and the other was not.  The one who was not familiar with our church and missionary work was asking me a lot of questions about my missionary service and why I am here.  It was good for me to reflect on my journey that I've had on my mission and be able to testify to him of the truth.  He was really touched by the conversation we had.  He told me he had read parts of the Book of Mormon and that now he wants to read it AND pray.  I hope he does it. No one can know spiritual truths without prayer.  It is so key in our spiritual growth. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost who can teach us truth, bring things to our remembrance (God knew I would need that), to lead us and guide us, and to comfort us when we feel alone.  Because in truth we are never alone.  God is nearer than we think He is and He is in the details... if we look for Him. :)
I love you! 
Sister Alexandra Adams



Sister Raines and I. We wear the same colors all the time. And we look exhausted... You know how we be. 


Down in the very edge of our mission. Watch our for Amish! 


 In the Sacred Grove


 Early spring in the Sacred Grove



 Robins! We have these little guys ALL over the Whitmer Farm! Look at his cute little red tummy! I feel like I live in Mary Poppins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment