Friday, March 29, 2013

Same place, new companion!

So many crazy things have happened since I last emailed I don't know
where to begin! After I emailed you last week I went to the trainers
meeting in Pittsford and then we drove the hour drive back home to the
Breinholts at the Girls' Camp to have dinner. We were a little early
so we ended up stopping by Phil and Polly's house. Remember he was the
guy that saved us from the ditch in December. They were so excited to
see us! Haha it was really sweet. We went and chatted with them for a
while and let them know one of us would be leaving Seneca Falls
because we were both going to train new missionaries. They were so sad
and Phil said, "Wait! We didn't get our tour from you guys at the
Whitley Farm!" (Whitmer Farm haha) So they came to the Whitmer Farm
the next day and got a tour from Sister Earl and I.  It went soooo
good! They are so open and really related with the stories of the
miracles that occurred there. They both got teary-eyed on the tour as
we taught and testified of the restored gospel.  We are keeping in
close contact so we can start teaching them. How many times can you
say you took Episcopal priests on tour at the Whitmer Farm?! Haha
probably not very much. So I felt privileged to of had that experience
with them. Love Phil and Polly!

Sunday night we got transfer calls and it made all of our mouths drop.
 We thought for sure I would be leaving to get closer to Palmyra for
Pageant- but nope. Sister Earl is in Newark now training a new
missionary and me and my new companion are staying here in Seneca
Falls. That is not normal at all for cast trainers to be so far away
from the Hill Cumorah, but the assistants said they'd make sure we had
enough miles a month to make the drives back and forth. So for some
reason God needs me to stay here is this wonderful place of Seneca
Falls and I am so ready to find out why. So my guess is that you are
dying to know who I am training and will be with for at least the next
three transfers....

Well, my new companion is SISTER TIPTON!!!! Woo!! We love each other
already. She is so great and we go together like Oreos and rainbow
chip frosting. (that is her favorite treat haha) For me it would have
to be, we go together like bananas and Nutella. I was so happy when
President announced in transfer meeting that we would be together.  I
kind of had a feeling that would happen for some reason but I didn't
want to get my hopes up.  But God knows what He is doing and He put us
together :)  Her and I are going to be working in Seneca Falls this
summer unless President decides to do something crazy again. But he's
inspired and I have felt that confirming witness that Sister Tipton
and I are supposed to be working together and that we are supposed to
be here in Seneca Falls. It is so crazy, Mom, that you have already
made friends with Sister Tipton's mom and that you guys talk. Haha so
great.

Monday Sister Earl said her goodbyes to the people here and then
Tuesday we did the switch!  Twenty new missionaries came to our
mission. Ten elders and ten sisters.  President has been opening new
areas and splitting areas right and left. We are definitely seeing the
influx of missionaries and the work in western New York is beginning
to hasten.

Sister Tipton and I have not had a "normal" day yet (but then again do
missionaries ever have normal days? haha).  We had the open house for
the 183rd anniversary of the publication of the Book of Mormon at the
BOMPS on her first day with me. We went with the Breinholts and Bill
and Beverly.  It was a blast. The site couples were dressed up in
period dress and acted out how they published the Book of Mormon. Then
on Wednesday we had meetings and orientations to go to in Palmyra so
we were busy with that.  And finally yesterday we had a shift at the
Smith Farm. So that was kind of normal I guess!  We took our first
tour together too and that was fun. She just hasn't seen Seneca Falls
that much yet. But we are going tracting tonight and I have a feeling
she is going to rock it. I am excited to be Sister Tipton's trainer
and spend so much time with her.  I love having the opportunity to
train a new missionary, especially one of the first nineteen year-old
sisters out here in the field. We are going to have SO MUCH FUN.

Well, I love you family! Thank you for everything.  When is the Dance
Barn recital this year? Is Erika set on BYU?  How are the horses?  Did
we get drawn for elk hunting next fall? (I need to know these things
people!)

Here is a short scripture for me to end on this week. I don't mean to
be preachy but hey, I am a missionary that is what I do- teach and
testify! Alma and Amulek are so boss is the Book of Mormon. I have
been reading about them and they were bomb missionaries. Amulek and
Alma our bound and Amulek is worried that the people are going to burn
them.  This is how Alma responds, "Be it according to the will of the
Lord. But, behold, our work is not yet finished; therefore they burn
us not." (Alma 14:13) I love that. "Be it according to the will of the
Lord."  Alma had complete trust in God. He knew that if he was
supposed to tarry that God would deliver them and God did.  If we
trust that much in God and know that whatever we go through in this
life, good or bad, is for a reason, we will be able to more fully see
His plan for us personally, we will feel close to Him, and His arm
will be revealed in our lives.  I know that God lives and He loves us
so much that He send His Only Begotten Son to overcome death for us so
we can live with Him again. I know Jesus Christ is the Savior of the
world and if we turn to Him with full purpose of heart we can be
healed, we can know of our worth, we can have peace, and our lives
will be enriched. I love Him. And I am grateful for this time of year
that we can remember the atonement and the reality of the
resurrection.  In a world full of darkness this message brings hope
and light, and that is because He is the light of the world. Let us
trust Him and believe Him and come unto Him.

Happy Easter!
Love, Sister Alex Adams

Seneca Lake!


With Phil and Polly!


SISTER TIPTON!


Sister Earl and I

No comments:

Post a Comment