Saturday, March 16, 2013

We Found The Sun!


The sun does exist in western New York!  I thought that it got lost for a while there. We had two days of sun and 50s but now we are back to snow and gray and 30s…. oh well, better than single digits.  Okay so I don’t even know where to start because it has been almost two weeks since my last p-day and so much happened! 

Well a week ago we took the “Book of Mormon Musical” cast on tour at the Book of Mormon Publication Site.   It was the coolest thing.  At first I was really nervous because that play makes fun on Mormons and is very crude (so I hear from the senior couples who can read and watch the news). We were all really nervous about it but I just prayed really hard to say the things Heavenly Father would have me.  As I was pondering and studying before they arrived I just had this thought:  “They didn’t write the play.  They are just people who want to sing and dance and perform.”  It completely changed my perspective.  They deserved to be treated as any other tour that came in.   It ended up being a really good experience.  They were very genuine and had good questions.   As Sister Earl and I took them through the BOMPS and answered questions the Spirit was there.  How could it not be?  It is such a special place!  At the end I was able to share my testimony with them.  I told them that I didn’t know their religious backgrounds or if they had a relationship with God, or even if they believed in God… but I know that He is real and He is our loving Heavenly Father and He is ready and willing to tell them the truth if they just ask Him.  They all shook my hand before they left and thanked me.  They performed in Rochester that night so I told them to have a great show.  (Secretly wished I could be on a stage performing- tug at heart for a moment.)  Well a few days later some people from the Rochester 1st Ward told us that they talked with them after the show back stage.  One of the cast members referred himself to the missionaries.  Two of them that were upset they weren’t cast in the NY City group or the British cast and put into the traveling cast said, “We know now why we needed to be in the traveling cast.  We were supposed to come see these sites.”  Many of them expressed that when they performed that night they felt a little “uncomfortable”.  They said that the Book of Mormon isn’t just a prop to them anymore- that they all want to actually read it cover to cover.  OHHHH MYYY GOSSSSHHHHH. Can you believe that!? Such a huge deal.  I am glad I was one of the sisters that got to be involved in that.

We did service this week and the Seneca Lake Girls’ Camp again.  It was fun.  They are renovating the camp director’s house so we went to help clean up saw dust and dry wall and stuff.  Sister and Elder Breinholt are so fun.  Sister Breinholt was showing us her old cheer moves haha it was awesome.

Jim was ordained to the Aaronic priesthood!  Even cooler he was ordained in the log home where the Church was organized in 1830 and where the first ordinations were performed. That was an amazing experience that I was blessed to witness.  Bill even participated! They rolled his wheel chair up and into the log home and put him right next to Jim in the chair so he could put his hand on Jim’s head.  So great.
I took the Sherman family on tour at the Whitmer Farm that day too! They were such a cool family.  I can’t believe President Sherman will be there when I get released or when I report after my mission.  That was weird to think about.  I asked Joe if Erika was a good date haha.  It was funny.  But cool I got to take a family that knows my family so well on tour! They gave Sister Earl and I lotion and these really soft socks… ooooooh so nice :) Mom, can I have their information so I can send them a card?

This week we saw many miracles and we also contacted some really not nice people.  One lady was like, “I am born again Christian and your Jesus you worship is different than my Jesus.”  (Huh??? Uhhh okay?) So I asked her if she knew anyone we could help in the area and she said, “NO! everyone who talks to you goes to hell!” (oh wow).  So we just told her to have a good day and left.  But she did say we had cute boots on as we walked away, so she wasn’t totally evil.  Life with a black tag is interesting 99.9% of the time that’s for sure. And I love it! I know that even though if we don’t see it all the time that we are making a difference.

I love you all very much!
Love, Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment