Monday, January 28, 2013

Another Week Has Flown By

Hello my family! This week went by so fast I can’t believe it. Sister
Earl and I got our flu shots. Mine left a huge bruise on my arm or
Sister Earl beats me I don’t know which haha. No I am kidding she is
an angel. Really she is, I love being her companion because she has a
corky sense of humor. Picture my friends Zoe and Carolyn in one
person and that is Sister Earl.

We went to see Bill and Beverly this week and taught them about the
temple. Beverly has been rockin’ the family history lately. She has
so many family names! Her and Bill will be going to the temple on
February 9th. They have asked Sister Earl and I to be baptized for
their sisters. We are very excited for that. They are both solid and
love coming to church, studying and praying together, and growing in
the gospel!

Jim is doing great! We had two lessons with him this week. We invited
him to be baptized but he is nervous to commit to a date because he
doesn’t feel ready. So Jim is praying to receive confirmation on his
baptismal date. Whatever he decides to do that is okay- I am just
glad he is taking this very seriously and knows the significance of
the ordinance of baptism and the covenants it entails. So many people
rush to get baptized and fall through the cracks and end up being less
active so I am glad Jim is so genuine about it. Every time we teach
him he does something funny when he greets us and the Yearsleys at the
door. This week he was wearing nice clothes and Homer Simpson
slippers. Jim cracks us up all the time. He is an amazing person so
we are just trying to help him feel that he is ready to be baptized.

We had a shift at the Whitmer Farm from 9 to 5 on Wednesday and then
site meeting at the Whitmer Farm there too so we were there ALL DAY
LONG. It was nice to see all the sisters in our mission though that
night. Sister Park is my friend from Korea and she and I dance
together- it’s pretty awesome. Usually it is salsa dancing or the
waltz but this week is was Michael Jackson moves. She even did the
Michael Jackson, “WOOOO!” once we got outside ahahaha. I love Sister
Park.
Thursday we went and had dinner at Mary’s house. We hadn’t seen her
in a while and were really worried about her but she is doing okay.
Just going through some hard things with her family and such. But we
shared a talk from conference with her and that really helped. She
made this really yummy shrimp pasta stuff and then we had our usual
desert with her… pumpkin ice cream. MMM!

We had interviews with President this week and that was really good.
He let me know that we have 10 sister missionaries coming in March and
from those he will determine who the cast trainers will be. So I will
either move in February to get into my new area and prepare to get a
trainee or I will be flush training in March! I asked President about
it and he said he has no idea what he will do. But that is okay! I am
just along for the ride! Whatever the Lord needs or asks of me I am
willing to do it.

This week we got permission to watch “Emma Smith My Story”. Sister
Earl ordered it online and it came to us in two days! So we watched it
for our less active and recent convert movie night. That movie is so
amazing… Emma Smith endured so much it’s insane. Anyone who bashes on
Emma needs to be kicked in the face because she was the epitome of
pressing forward with faith. I hope I can live up to be half the
woman she was.

Ambrose took us out to dinner with the Waterloo sisters this week. It
was fun! We went to Magee’s Diner. We all love that place- he is the
sweetest old man and we are like granddaughters to him. I just wish he
would read the Book of Mormon and get baptized! One day, one day. The
Searles are our site director and wife and they were working at the
Whitmer Farm that night so they came in and joined us at our table so
it was Ambrose and 4 sisters and a senior couple all around him haha.

Yesterday Sister Earl and I had some neat experiences of being at the
right place at the right time. We really were led by the Spirit to
know who needed us and when because we had no set appointments. One
of the people we visited actually said, “You sisters always have such
great timing. I don’t get it!” Haha it is the Spirit of the Lord! He
gets us to where He wants us and needs us to be. I love the feeling
of being an instrument in the hands of the Lord to do His work. I
love being a missionary! I never want it to end. I can’t believe I
am over half way over with my mission and I am turning 22 this week.
It’s weird. Well I love you all very much and pray for you each day.
XOXO

Love, Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment