Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hello my family!

I hope all is well in Mesa town! Everything here is good. It hasn't been too cold here mostly in the 30s and 40s again this week, but I guess this week it's going to drop to subzero temperatures... whoa yikes. (Bewitched) Elder Perkins in my district gave me an Arizona Highways calendar this week and it made me miss that promised land. Enjoy the warm sunshine for me this week. I have noticed that my hair is getting really dark lately. I think it is the lack of days the sun shines here. Plus if it even does decide to come out it never gets very high in the sky.

This week we went to go help a recent convert in our ward pack up some of his stuff so he can move and it was a disaster. He has SO MUCH STUFF. His house is falling apart... literally it is falling apart... he has fallen through his floor twice so we are trying to help him get out of there and his social worker is doing nothing at all to help. Craziness. So yeah that was fun. We ended up having our van full of stuff for Salvation Army. Then we had to trash some of his stuff but he doesn’t have trash pick-up so we called Ambrose. I don’t know if I told you about Ambrose yet… maybe I have. He is this older man who has been investigating for years and years (eternagator) but he just loves to feed and help the missionaries. So we called him and of course he comes to the rescue and we load up the back of his truck with trash so we can go dump it. I feel like we didn’t even put a dent in it either so we are going to recruit people to come help us next time because the elders and us can’t do it all. Afterward Sister Andrew in our ward had us over for hot chocolate. That was so nice because I thought my fingers were going to freeze off from working outside.

We’ve had some great lessons with Jim this week! And he has been to church three weeks in a row. He is progressing well and learning so much. He told us he knows it is all true :) Sister Earl and I are going to help him set a date to be baptized tomorrow and we are excited for him.

This week we had Rand Packer come to our mission. He is the author of “A Lion and a Lamb” and the grandson of Willard and Rebecca Bean. He did a presentation for our site meeting that was so cool! He showed us tons of pictures of the sites and Palmyra area from the early 1900s. I didn’t have my copy of the book with me and I was sad because I wanted him to sign it. Well yesterday after church we were working here at the Whitmer Farm and guess who came down to get a tour? …Brother and Sister Packer and their son! I got to take them on tour here at the Whit and it was such a cool experience. The Spirit here at the Whitmer Farm is so powerful I can’t get over it! And I live here! Brother Packer ended up signing my book before he left. YAY!

I went to the temple this week and it was so great. We went to be there for Brother House in our ward. He has been baptized a year and was so ready to go through. Sister Earl and I started teaching him temple prep but then the Breinholts took over because we just didn’t have time. So much work to do! It was such a neat experience to be there with the Fayette Ward and all the missionaries who taught him. We got to the temple early so we went walking in the Sacred Grove for a while. I sat down and did a little personal study there on a bench and it was a really profound experience for me. I love that I can go to the Sacred Grove to find peace and get answers… not very many people can do that so I feel very fortunate.

I know that what Joseph said happened in the Sacred Grove really did happen. I know it like I know my heart beats. I know that because of the sacred events that happened at these sites that the Church of Jesus Christ is on the earth in these last days and that the fullness of the gospel has been restored. I love that I get to teach these things to people and share my testimony so often. It’s all true!
Love, Sister Adams


No comments:

Post a Comment