Thursday, August 9, 2012

The End Of The Trio


Hey Mama :)
 
Not going to lie, hearing about Tim and Jo being out in the ocean all day in San Diego made me miss the beach so much! I love swimming in the ocean all day long! Can we go when I get back next September? That would be a dream come true. So Sister Barrus just left us a few hours ago... she is on her way home! So weird. So our trio is now back to a companionship. Just Sister Butters and I!
 
Lindsay was confirmed this last Sunday! She is such an amazing girl. I can't wait for you to meet her someday. Bethany came to church too! We are still trying to help her feel comfortable setting up a date for baptism but she comes to church when she can!  We had a site sisters and senior couple BBQ this week and it was SO FUN. We grilled some chicken and put some "Sweet Baby Rays" barbeque sauce on it. MMM! We also got to work at the Peter Whitmer Farm and watch "Saturday's Warrior" one last time before Sister Barrus left. She is so obsessed with it. She knows every word to every song and the dance moves too. Let's just say it is more entertaining to watch her watch it, than to actually watch it.
 
We also got to watch one other cheesy movie this week- "Labor of Love".  I guess in our mission it is a tradition to watch this 30 minute gem the last district meeting before a missionary goes home.  So since Sister Barrus and Elder Hallam (our district leader) are going home we watched it. When Elder Hallam told us a couple weeks ago we would be watching "Labor of Love" I said, "Who's bringing the cake!?" Wellllll, Elder Hallam thought I said, "Who's bringing the keg?!" Haha that made for a funny moment for sure. So Elder and Sister Fowler, our awesome full proselyting senior couple, brought cake- and the blonde trio, Sister Barrus, Butters, and I brought ice cream.  So I am guessing by now you can tell it was a pretty great meeting.
 
Bob, the keeper of the Sacred Grove, also takes care of the Hill Cumorah.  So he took us on a Hill Tour before Sister Barrus left.  It was AWESOME.  We felt the Spirit of that sacred Hill Cumorah and of the events that happened there.  Bob took us through the ancient forrest, the part of the Hill that has never been cleared or touched and showed us some really neat things. There are a few trees in there that are over 400 years old. They are HUGE and still healthy and strong. Thanks to Bob who takes such great care of these special places. Bob told us that he doesn't just GIVE Hill Tours.  He only invites about six to eight sister missionaries on a Hill Tour each year. WOW, did I feel special knowing that Bob loves Sister Barrus and I and wanted to take us around the Hill and tell us about the history, trees and plants, and the sacred events that happened there.  He told Sister Butters he just had to take a chance on her because he doesn't know her too well, but she passed. That is because she is awesome! Aaand I get to train her. Lucky me. Also we got to wear jeans! After wearing a skirt all day er' day, it is fun to wear pants! I felt kind of... well, normal!
 
This week has been such a wonderful one! I have been sick but I have been okay. The senior couples out here have been taking care of me as we work at the sites. I am so honored to be a part of this mission. My testimony grows every single day. I read this scripture yesterday and really loved it and thought I should share it with you. Open your Book of Mormon to Alma 37: 44-47.  I love this scripture because it is so true!  We have all the tools we need to follow Jesus Christ! Especially in verse 44- "...it is easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land."  We have the church, we have the Bible, we have the Book of Mormon, we have the power of prayer, we have the Spirit that can teach us all things, we have the living prophet who leads and directs us today, we have the priesthood power, etc. We have EVERYTHING we need to follow our Savior. We are so blessed. All we have to do is appreciate and use all of these things to help us.  If we will come unto Christ and do as He did and obey his commandments, we will know exactly what to do in our life here on earth and we will end up back in His arms on the other side. We have it all right in front of us. Why wonder in the dark when we know what to do to have the light? He loves us, He has taught us the way, He has prepared the way. It is up to us to do it.
 
I love you family! Erika, I know school is starting soon and I am so excited for you. Just rock it sister! You will have a great senior year! Mom, I love you and thank you for all your funny/sweet emails. Dad, I love you and think of you often- give the horses and dogs a love for me. I just wrote you a letter so you should get it soon. XOXOXO
-Sister Alexandra Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment