Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Another Week FLEW By!

Hi Mama :) I did not get a chance to read your email so I will have to print it and then read it later. But I love you :)
This week has been great! Just doing the usual... working at the sites, teaching people in my area, going and finding referrals from pageant. Missionary work is so fun! Last Friday Sister Butters and I had a day where we did not have to work a site.  So we spent the whole day is Sodus!  Well we forgot to plan lunch and dinner and we worked allllll dayyyy long. Haha we collapsed when we got home we were SO EXHAUSTED. Note to self: you should take breaks to eat and rest sometimes so you don't wear yourself down to almost nothing. (Mosiah 4:27) The Lord kept us going though thank goodness.
We have still been teaching Lindsay even though she is baptized!  She is now preparing to go to the temple to do baptisms there and also she is getting her patriarchal blessing soon! I am so happy for her. She is nervous to go off to college in Buffalo, and she really wants her patriarchal blessing to help her when she gets there. Oh Lindsay, she is a gem.  She came to the Smith Farm and Sister Butters and I got to take her on tour and walk through the Sacred Grove with her.  It was so special. I can't even describe the feeling that is there in that Grove.  It truly is Sacred and you can feel that as you walk through it. It is neat to see how we hear stories about the Restoration of the Church all our lives, but then you come and see these places and you realize, "These are real people. These are real events that happened; and because of the Spirit, you know it is all true." Bethany came to church again this week! She is moving to Syracuse for college this Friday. So we are contacting her branch president and the sister missionaries down there to help make this transition a smooth one so she can keep progressing.
At church last Sunday something way cute/funny happened. We have this sweet little autistic boy in the Lyons Ward and he heard a baby crying during the Sacrament. So really loudly but so lovingly he goes, "Don't cry... It's just church...." haha he is so sweet. We got to go to the Grahams on Sunday too! Sister Graham feeds us the best food ever! They're family is like ours. Just say it like it is, telling jokes every ten minutes, loud laughing, but yet, they are so close to the Spirit. The Graham kids inspire me. They are SO GOOD. I love going to their house to be with them, but most of all to teach them and Brother Graham.
Yesterday we worked at the Peter Whitmer Farm. I just finished a tour and I was just chatting with this family outside, when the senior couple sister comes and says, "There is a young couple in the Visitors' Center requesting you for their tour." I was so confused. I have had a few people that I take around and I tell them where I am working the next day and they show up and want me to take them through the other sites...but I could not for the life of me remember if I met a young couple the day before. So I finished the conversation with my group and sent them off and walked back to the Visitors' Center.  Well I walk in, and GUESS WHO I SEE.  SHELBY AND MICHAEL!! It was so cool to see my cousin!!! They totally surprised me. I guess they have been living in Ohio and are stopping at all of the Church Historic Sites before they head back to AZ! It was so fun to talk to them and catch up, share funny mission stories with them, and take them on a tour! That was such a nice surprise and it made me SO HAPPY. Getting to teach and testify to my own family at these sacred, special places is such a privilege. After that I got a tour of freshmen girls from BYU-I.  After the tour they asked me questions about serving a mission and I had a group of like 20 eighteen year olds around me.  By the end of our conversation they are were saying, "we want to go on missions!" "I am making a goal to serve a mission."  Stuff like that. So cool. It made me feel good knowing that I was a good example to them and they looked up to me and to the sisters in our mission. I am not perfect. Never have been. But by serving my mission I feel that the Lord is shaping into my best self. Although I am serving Him, I am getting way more blessings in return.  I am growing so much each day. Shelby and Michael told me that I am different, still me, but different in a good way.  That was the nicest thing anyone has said to me. I want to be different, I want to be better. I am so thankful for my mission and for all the opportunities I get to teach and testify. I know it is all true. And the beauty of the message is that you don't have to take my word for it. Anyone who wants to know can ask God, and He will tell you that it's all true.
I love my life! I LOVE being a missionary. And I love you my family. XOXOXO
Love,
Sister Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment